Beekeeping for Dummies by Howland Blackiston is the main reference book for our beekeeping classes.
The Backyard Beekeeper by Kim Flottum. I love looking for the queen bee in all the colorful illustrations! Next to hands on experience, I find pictures to be most helpful. All the recipes in the back look quite delicious…Cool Green Tea to Herbal Honey and Carrot Raisen Salad recipes.
PBBA’s Beginner’s Bee School recommended reading list:
- ABC & XYZ of Beekeeping by A.I. Root
- Robbing the Bees by Holly Bishop
- Following the Bloom by Douglas Whynott
- Sweetness and Light by Hattie Ellis
- Bees in North America by Tammy Horn
- Queen Rearing and Bee Breeding by Page and Laidlaw